Re: test

On 2019-09-02 at 09:07, Thomas Schmitt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Rodolfo Medina wrote:
>> Yes, that's the strange thing: I've been added a reply to that thread, many
>> times, but it was not delivered to the list neithere is being delivered nor
>> it will even now...
>
> And in the next mail:
>> Sorry, `I've been adding'
>
> Try again.
> Then let's see what shows up where.

This seems worth trying, but...

> (Did you get both copies of my previous mail ?
>  One via debian-user, one by Cc: rodolfo.medina@gmail.com ?)

...he wouldn't have gotten both, anyway, due to a known Gmail
misfeature.

If Gmail receives a message, and sees that you already have a copy of a
message (determined, as far as I can tell, exclusively by Message-ID),
it will basically discard the incoming message as being redundant.

So he would see whichever copy reached him first (probably the one that
didn't come through the mailing list, since the mailing list adds
delivery lag), and not the other.

This also means that he'll never receive a copy of any message he sends
to the mailing list. The only way for him to tell whether the message
has been received and distributed properly is to ask some other
subscriber, or check the public archives.

Unless that misfeature has been fixed, or some other relevant factor
(e.g. the distinguishing criteria for uniqueness) has changed, which
would be positive news regardless but which I think is unlikely.

--
   The Wanderer