Re: nano copy/paste dead

On Monday 02 September 2019 02:16:25 Sven Joachim wrote:

> On 2019-09-02 02:03 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > I've enabled a bunch of options that make nano a better editor, like
> > line numbers and smooth scrolling so you can better track where you
> > are in a file.  But it appears I have also killed the ability to MMB
> > paste from adjacent terminals into a file opened in nano.
> >
> > Are the options in nanorc that shut this off if it clashes with
> > something else?
>
> Yes, "set mouse".  This enables scrolling with the mouse wheel (among
> others), but to paste text from the X selection with the middle mouse
> button you need to hold down the Shift key then.

Aha, that will do it nicely then. Thank you Sven. I have some machine
control code that checks to see if its running on a pi-3b & bails out if
not.  But it also bails out if the arch is arm64 even though its still a
pi-3b. So I need to add some additional debugging long enough to see
whats getting bent.

> You can toggle mouse support at runtime with Meta+M (on most systems,
> Alt functions as the Meta key).

I tried the control key and rather quickly painted myself into a corner.
Not good, couldn't find a way out. Had to root killall it.

> Cheers,
>        Sven

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)