Re: nano copy/paste dead

On 2019-09-02 02:03 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

> I've enabled a bunch of options that make nano a better editor, like line
> numbers and smooth scrolling so you can better track where you are in a
> file.  But it appears I have also killed the ability to MMB paste from
> adjacent terminals into a file opened in nano.
>
> Are the options in nanorc that shut this off if it clashes with something
> else?

Yes, "set mouse".  This enables scrolling with the mouse wheel (among
others), but to paste text from the X selection with the middle mouse
button you need to hold down the Shift key then.

You can toggle mouse support at runtime with Meta+M (on most systems,
Alt functions as the Meta key).

Cheers,
       Sven