Re: Cannot boot after distro upgrade

Le 02/09/2019 à 00:44, Miroslav Skoric a écrit :
On 9/2/19 12:26 AM, Pascal Hambourg wrote:

Le 01/09/2019 à 22:59, Miroslav Skoric a écrit :

root@(none):/# uname -a
Linux (none) 3.2.0-4-486 #1 Debian 3.2.96-2 i686 GNU/Linux

So you upgraded from Jessie to Stretch but still ran the old kernel from Wheezy all this time ? Wow.

Sure. I upgraded Jessie to Stretch last week. And it worked well for me until Friday eve. (And before that I upgraded Wheezy to Jessie cca year ago. It worked well for me too.)

Until is doesn't work any more. You cannot run a new system with an old kernel forever. Some parts of the new system require new features provided by a newer kernel. You should have upgraded the kernel as soon as you upgraded from Wheezy to Jessie. Same when upgrading from Jessie to Stretch.

If the dist upgrade was not complete (and if the system not functional anymore), how to change/upgrade the kernel now?

apt-get install linux-image-586

Hmmm, without network? Ok, I will see if I could enable networking ...

Why without network ? Networking does not need /home or /tmp to be mounted.