Re: OT "x times cheaper", was: Re: Server hardware advice.

On 2019-08-10, Richard Hector <richard@walnut.gen.nz> wrote:

> Similarly, one of our local fuel stations has (or had) vouchers that say
> things like '10c per litre off every litre of fuel' - which also quickly
> gets into trouble if taken literally :-)

You mean that would mean 20c off the second litre and 30c off the third,
and so on, or something else?

I really don't know. It seems 'every litre of fuel' is where the phrase
goes wrong and that part could profitably be deleted, leaving simply:
'10c per litre off.'

Anyway, whoever wrote that must've been gassed (so to speak).

--
“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”
― Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan