Re: Server hardware advice.

On Fri, 9 Aug 2019 19:59:34 +0300
Reco <recoverym4n@enotuniq.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 09, 2019 at 06:16:21PM +0200, deloptes wrote:

> > This one was very appealing
> > https://www.amazon.de/DMC-Taiwan-Industrial-Networking-Processor/dp/B07T3TWYLJ/ref=sr_1_11?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&keywords=acrosser&qid=1561237800&s=gateway&sr=8-11
>
> $430 for a router? Surely you're kidding.
>
> This one is five times cheaper *and* it can run Debian or openwrt:
>
> https://www.amazon.com/Linksys-Dual-Band-Wireless-Gigabit-WRT1200AC/dp/B00UVN20T0/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=linksys+wrt+1200&qid=1565369861&s=gateway&sr=8-2

When you say five times cheaper, I gather you're talking about the
prices for used units, in which case it's not really an
apples-to-apples comparison. At least when I checked, the new units on
Amazon start at $190.

[But I run OpenWrt on a TP-Link AC-2600, which I purchased several years
ago (used / refurbished) on eBay for about $50-$55, and are currently
available there for as little as $73 (less if you take a unit missing
antennas, etc. ...)]

Celejar