Re: [OT] Helpful attitude (was: Server hardware advice.)

On Fri, Aug 09, 2019 at 12:24:41PM +0200, Étienne Mollier wrote:

[...]

> Good morning tomás,
>
> Sincere apologies if you took it personally,

No worries, I didn't. Not as an offense, by the least. No need
to apoligize.

>                                               I did not intend to
> target you at all.

Thing is, we all do stupid things without noticing, and from
past experience I know *I* do. But I'm willing to learn from
mistakes -- thus my question.

>                    My message was actually addressed to anyone
> on the list, especially some writers with stronger language than
> usual, but I can't recall you being part of this set.  Yes, I
> have found an issue; yes, it appears in your post; no, it is not
> your authoring.  Perhaps I unwillingly targeted you by quoting a
> part of your message, but this was not intentional.  Should it
> reoccur, the message would just contain the paragraph leading to
> the link, no quote.  Are you fine with that, or do I completely
> miss the point?

Somewhat, but in a different way :-)

See, as far as I am concerned, your post was fine, so when you
feel like that, just do it again. And if you catch me behaving
as I shouldn't, by all means, call me out on that.

> Now thinking twice, the so called wise man which authored the
> very first profanity may not be subscribed to the list though...
> :)

I tend to be a bit more lenient than you: this kind of profanities
don't seem to me too hard: although I'd prefer them to be rare
(for the benefit of those who might feel pain at reading them),
I think that some level of tolerance is necessary in such a
big mailing list. The OP didn't insult anyone personally, and
(s)he is known to have a rather curt and strong language. OTOH,
(s)he has many helpful and to-the-point posts here.

That's why I decided to take the edge off that thing in a
humorous way by reminding us of the fact that agriculture's
main business model is turning manure into tasty aubergines;
so perhaps that wise man wasn't totally right after all...

So don't worry. All is well. My question was really genuine,
not a contorted way of defense or something.

Cheers
-- tomás