Re: [OT] Helpful attitude (was: Server hardware advice.)

> On Fri, Aug 09, 2019 at 11:12:22AM +0200, Étienne Mollier wrote:
> > tomás, on 2019-08-09:
> > > (Yes, and there's some hidden message in my seemingly OT comment,
> > > but I'll leave that as an exercise to the reader ;-)
> >
> > Oh my ${DEITY}, once you see it, you cannot "un-see" it...
> >
> > It sounds like a good opportunity to recall the code of conduct
> > of the list; in addition to other items, it prohibits profanity:

> > Should this be observed more closely, this kind of situation
> > would probably not have happened.
>
> Now a genuine question (yes, sometimes I'm too dumb to understand
> subtle things -- that after having made a "subtle comment" myself:
> egg on my face).
>
> Have you found issue in my post? Let me know, then, if necessary
> bluntly, at your choice via the list or directly.
>
> Ready to learn. Yes, really: no irony or sarcasm.
>
> Cheers
> -- tomás

Good morning tomás,

Sincere apologies if you took it personally, I did not intend to
target you at all.  My message was actually addressed to anyone
on the list, especially some writers with stronger language than
usual, but I can't recall you being part of this set.  Yes, I
have found an issue; yes, it appears in your post; no, it is not
your authoring.  Perhaps I unwillingly targeted you by quoting a
part of your message, but this was not intentional.  Should it
reoccur, the message would just contain the paragraph leading to
the link, no quote.  Are you fine with that, or do I completely
miss the point?

Now thinking twice, the so called wise man which authored the
very first profanity may not be subscribed to the list though...
:)

Kind regards,
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
               5ab1 4edf 63bb ccff 8b54 2fa9 59da 56fe fff3 882d