Re: Server hardware advice.

 David Christensen writes:
> Have you considered a mail hosting provider?  The Internet is a war
> zone and mail servers are prime targets.  Are you prepared to fight
> that battle 24x7?  Do you want you home IP that visible?  Will your
> mail users tolerate down-time?  I provide e-mail addresses for myself
> and for family members; I pay professionals to host my mail service.

Excellent advice.  A single Newsguy account will provide all the
addresses you need.  You can have your domain registrar redirect mail to
your Newsguy account so you can still use your domain name.  Since you
would be paying them (about $5/month) you would have an actual contract,
unlike "free" services such as Gmail.
--
John Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com