Re: x and virtual consoles

On 2019-08-06, Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:

>> it says multiple users - not the same user
>>

> curty@einstein:~/glimmer$ man dm-tool
><snipperooney>
>     switch-to-greeter
>            Switch to the greeter suitable for logging into a new
>            session.
>
> Says "logging into a new *session*." (emphasis mine).
>
> Let's ask Gene to try it and report back.

I guess what Ed would want here is one of the following (because it seems
switch-to-greeter indeed won't get it):

 add-nested-seat
        Start an X server inside a session and connect it to a display manager.

 add-local-x-seat DISPLAY_NUMBER
        Connect an existing X server to the display manager.

 add-seat TYPE [NAME=VALUE...]
        Add a dynamic seat.

Apparently poorly documented (like what is TYPE?):

“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”
― Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan