Re: x and virtual consoles

On 2019-08-05 11:11-0400, Felix Miata wrote:

> > Fix (Simon says):
>
> >  * removing the call to /usr/bin/clear_console from ~/.bash_logout
> >  (console is cleared anyway nowadays)
> >  * replacing the call to /usr/bin/clear_console with /usr/bin/reset in
> >  ~/.bash_logout

Why would bash_logout be involved thought? Switching vt should not force
a logout. I can understand it forcing a lock screen, but not a logout,
surely?

> That's the bug and workaround I couldn't remember for my  previous reply. I rarely
> login on vtty1 as a habit going back many moons.

That didn't solve it for me, unfortunately. I will try again this week
with a selection of different Debian versions.

To explain a little more about why I used this heavily, my local user
'ed' would have a normal xfce desktop, whilst my working from home user
would match the username at $corp for convenience. The rest of the
family have their own user accounts and we could work in harmony.

What I've found though, is that this issue doesn't occur with
Elementary. I've not tested with plain Ubuntu. In a way, if the problem
exists in Ubuntu or one of the other variants then I may have a delta to
investigate.

--
Best regards,
Ed http://www.s5h.net/