Re: x and virtual consoles

On 2019-08-04 22:54+0100, nektarios wrote:
> Indeed the problem seems reproducible for debian Stretch with sddm
> display manager.
> The only logs appearing are from KDE applications (nothing in X11 logs):

Could this be systemd? My only thoughts are that systemd starts the x
server on a vt, but ctrl-alt-f6 doesn't have permission to swtich back
to the vt. The x process has a '-novtswitch' argument which looks
suspicious to me. I tried to change that in the lightdm conf, but it
seems to be appended as an argument to the program (maybe hardcoded).

> Unfortunately my PC even worse gets stuck after that so I cant really
> tell if X11 is running.
> I hadn't used multiple x sessions for sometime (after I got used to
> multiple desktops) but this seems an issue.

I think virtualisation replaced a lot of the requirement for most people
to have two displays running. I find user separation sufficient for most
working-from-home tasks without needing to store a virtual disk image.

--
Best regards,
Ed http://www.s5h.net/