Re: odd passwd problem.

On Sunday 04 August 2019 11:44:23 David Wright wrote:

> > > Ac the manpage, correct. And I didn't give it a name, so it picked
> > > the only error answer it had. Really helpfull, NOT!
> >
> > Slightly odd wording, but the correct message - it needs one or two
> > names, and you gave it zero :-)
>
> May I agree with you, and say that the earlier comment disappoints me.
>
> A lot of linux man pages are written by people who have English as a
> second language (or even a third, fourth …), so we native English
> speakers ought to think ourselves lucky and privileged to have all the
> documentation primarily available in our own language. And if you're
> going to criticise, criticise constructively.

This is true, David. As a native English speaker, I tend to forget that.
And I find I need reminded that 90% of the planets population has had to
learn my language, and I should thank them more often for doing so. I am
blessed that others have made the effort, thank you, a lot.

And that can lead to stronger responses when my native tongue gets
mangled.  My apologies for that too.

> Cheers,
> David.

Cheers, Gene Heskett