Re: Useful links - was {Re: Wireless home LAN - WiFi vs Bluetooth?}

On Sat 03 Aug 2019 at 10:39:42 -0500, David Wright wrote:

> On Sat 03 Aug 2019 at 10:26:34 (-0500), Richard Owlett wrote:

[A lot of snipping]

> > For current situation WEP (though antique/limited) is adequate.
>
> What happened to "A concern is security issues" above?

The OP acknowledges the deficiencies of WEP but is still prepared to
use it in spite of the excellent advice received.

The decision should be respected. He knows his situation best and has
a much better undestanding of how to foul up his system than us.

> > > Why not just buy an inexpensive wireless router?
> >
> > That question is *NOT* on-topic!
>
> You wrote 'My primary question is "What should I be reading?" in order
> to ask appropriate questions.' So get on with asking questions instead
> of slapping people down, which appears to be your habit here.

You are asking for the impossible. Exploration of ideas is unknown and
untaught in some parts of the world.

A router would solve the issue. But who wants to complicate their
network with such a device? Nasty, horrible things. No wonder they are
off-topic.

--
Brian.