Useful links - was {Re: Wireless home LAN - WiFi vs Bluetooth?}

On 07/29/2019 05:40 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
Sneakernet for file transfer has become annoying.
Ethernet is undesirable in my environment so I am only interested is wireless.
I have only a few machines a max of 6' apart.
My usage would typically be peer-to-peer but I want to communicate between any two machines.
My web connectivity is via a T-Mobile WiFi Hotspot (WiFi turned off).
I run Debian 9.8.

I've just begun reading - primarily Wikipedia articles and some links from them.  My primary question is "What should I be reading?" in order to ask appropriate questions. Specificallty "What?" and "Why?" much more than "Howto?".

A concern is security issues. Bluetooth, being short range, may thus have an advantage. Speed is not an issue for my expected usage. (I was one of my ISP's last 6 dial-up clients ;)

TIA

ON TOPIC references include:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_ad_hoc_network
https://wiki.debian.org/WiFi/AdHoc

Bluetooth verging on moot as not all *my* machines have it.