Re: odd passwd problem.

On 2019-08-03, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:

> Or maybe its ssh thats using the new way, and xfce4 has not caught up. I

https://www.mail-archive.com/debian-user@lists.debian.org/msg745969.html

You're using lightdm as a display manager (graphical login)?

If so

 sudo tail -f /var/log/lightdm/x-0-greeter.log

as well as the contents of

 /var/log/lightdm/lightdm.log

might provide some clue.

--
“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”
― Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan