Re: Virtual Box

On Fri, 2 Aug 2019 18:03:51 +0100
Peter Hillier-Brook <phb@hbsys.plus.com> wrote:

> Given that VBox is no longer in the Buster repositories I tried to
> install the Stretch .deb package from the VBox web site. dpkg failed
> because of dependency problems, including libvpx4 that is not in the
> Buster repositories.
>
> Anyone have any thoughts?

Download the .deb directly from Oracle's web site.  This is the way I've
always installed Virtualbox.  Never used the Debian repo versions
ever.  Don't forget the Host Extensions package.

To help installing the .deb file, install gdebi-core (commandline
version) from Buster's repo.  It will take care of dependencies
which dpkg does not.