Re: Virtual Box

phb, on 2019-08-02:
> Given that VBox is no longer in the Buster repositories I tried to
> install the Stretch .deb package from the VBox web site. dpkg failed
> because of dependency problems, including libvpx4 that is not in the
> Buster repositories.
>
> Anyone have any thoughts?

Good day Peter,

If you can afford a change of virtualization technology, then
you could try one of the free and open source alternatives made
available in Debian 10 perhaps.  Notably, one can mention Qemu,
Xen, and KVM.

Since you are coming from the VirtualBox world, I would suggest
to check out the package "virt-manager" which provides a GUI
allowing to drive your KVM virtual machines.  You may find more
details about this program on its homepage:

	https://virt-manager.org/

But the best way to get an idea of how things work in there, is
to try it by yourself.  In the early days of virt-manager in
Debian, there were several subtleties to be aware of once you
wanted an advanced setup, but I believe things went better in
later Debian revisions.

Kind Regards,
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
               5ab1 4edf 63bb ccff 8b54 2fa9 59da 56fe fff3 882d