Re: hp-plugin fails

On 2019-08-01, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
> On Thu 01 Aug 2019 at 19:35:33 -0000, Curt wrote:
>
>> On 2019-08-01, Pierre Frenkiel <pierre.frenkiel@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >   I suspect it it is a timing problem, and works for a not too big number of hops.
>> >   How many hops for you, with traceroute?
>> >   for me, traceroute stops at the ninth step ( 198.32.176.33),
>> >   before reaching the target.
>>
>> I can't reach https://www.openprinting.org from here either.
>
> That's two people who will have to wait for their ISP to get their act
> togther.

It wasn't an attempt to belittle your thorough and patient advice to a
person whose problems often seem to be *des puits sans fond*, but rather
a confirmation that more than one person can't get there from here.

I guess I could've refrained without much signal loss, but then again
people do pipe up and in for this sort of thing, after all, our fellow
human beings deriving solace somehow from the fact that they are not
alone.

> Meanwhile, Pierre Frenkiel has another link to use.

That brightens my day considerably (though I bet somehow it won't "work"
for Pierre)!

--
“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”
― Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan