Re: Wireless home LAN - WiFi vs Bluetooth?

On Thu, 1 Aug 2019 10:50:00 +0300
Reco <recoverym4n@enotuniq.net> wrote:

> 	Hi.
>
> On Thu, Aug 01, 2019 at 09:41:30AM +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> > > Ditto.
> > > I can handle it, so do you. Don't expect most list members to replicate
> > > that approach.
> >
> > I would expect most list members to be able to replicate that approach.
> > Whether they actually (want to) do it is a different story ;)
>
> Consider me a cynical pessimist then.
> Regarding WiFi, the most common kind of questions here are (rephrased to
> hint a solution):
>
> 1) Why my WiFi kind refuses to work without non-free firmware?
> 2) Why using Network Manager prevents me from associating with AP?
> 3) It wrote all kinds of weird stuff into my resolv.conf, how do I
> change that?
> 4) What's Predictable Interface Naming, how do I get my wlan0 back?

;)

> And regarding hostapd configuration - I recall zero for the last
> two-three years. Either it works for anyone out of the box without any
> trouble, or, rather, anyone's using consumer-grade WiFi boxen without
> any "user-serviceable parts inside".

Or we're using consumer-grade wifi hardware but running OpenWrt, so we
scrupulously follow the oft-repeated advice to ask only
strictly Debian-related questions on this list, and take all our AP
configuration questions to the OpenWrt forums ;)

> Reco

Celejar