Re: Easiest way to do VGA to Text

On Thursday, August 01, 2019 01:49:34 PM Felix Miata wrote:
> I have a bunch of old Dells. When left unconnected to power, some wear down
> the 2032 coin cell CMOS batteries with unusual haste. Once this happens
> and the battery is replaced, reconfiguring the BIOS is required, unless
> 100% use of defaults proves acceptable, which because of the date and time
> at least, for me is never.

I know this is off point (because you are not the original poster, who, iirc,
is blind or partially blind), but, if the only reason to reconfigure the BIOS
is to set the correct date and time, an alternate would be to boot with the
wrong time, then use, set the (software) clock to the correct time (possibly
using the utility that syncs to the atomic clocks in Colorado or wherever, and
then using  that other utility that lets you set the hardware clock from the
software clock.

I forget the names of those various utilities ;-)