Re: Changing nameservers - WAS "Which resolv.conf file?"

On 2019-07-31, Bob Bernstein <poobah@ruptured-duck.com> wrote:
> I _think_ my upgrade from Jessie to Stretch -- which entailed
> installing systemd for the first time on this box -- introduced
> that 8.8.8.8. into my config. I've never been at a loss to
> select my own nameservers, and that never has been one of them.

Installing systemd as your init system introduced Google's nameserver
into your config, you think, without your knowledge or approval or
intervention of any kind.  Out of the blue, as it were.

Have you filed a bug report, because that would qualify, I mean, like,
wow?

--
“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”
― Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan