Re: hp-plugin fails

On Thu, 1 Aug 2019, Michael Kesper wrote:

Return that printer and use one that is fully supported by free software.
Honestly, this is very annoying of HP:
Cheap ink printer-scanners are totally usable without this,
laser printer-scanners can only be used to print without this non-free garbage. :(

  I don't understand your answer: obviously, the problem is not with the printer,
  as everything works perfectly from 2 laptops, and printing also works
  perfectly from my desktop. The only failure is for scanning, but that's not
  a problem, as I can scan on the laserjet from the laptops, or scan on my envy
  from my desktop.
  As the question was merely to satisfy my curiosity, I'll stop to bother people
  (and me also!), with that.

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel