Re: xsane: incoherent behaviours

On Jo, 01 aug 19, 08:37:47, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Aug 2019 08:24:22 +0200 (CEST)
> Pierre Frenkiel <pierre.frenkiel@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >  thank you for tour warning, but it's not too difficult to make a
> > backup.
>
> It's not /quite/ that simple.  I know that the update process is
> 'clever' enough to detect user made config changes and offer options,
> but whether that also applies to, in this case, model.dat, IDK.

The only files where one gets a warning are those marked as 'conffiles',
and they typically reside in /etc (but not all configuration files in
/etc are 'conffiles').

model.dat being a file in /usr/share it will most likely be overwritten
without any warning (but I'm too lazy to check).

Kind regards,
Andrei