Re: Fwd: alternative Firmware for BMC's

Hello,

a BMC or IPMI interface is a controller which is described here [1]

> But apparently you can replace BMC's 'firmware' with your own, something
> that OpenBMC tries to achieve. Main problem is - there are many
> BMC/ILOM/ILO, and OpenBMC targets a few of them. I'd give my hand for a
> sensible replacement of Sun's ILOM 'firmware', but I'm not aware of any.
Yes, but in this post i talk about Supermicro servers/mainboards and I try to find something for Aspeed AST2500 chips, but there is nothing :-(

But thanks, it looks like that the author made a mistake, maybe..

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_Platform_Management_Interface#IPMI_components