Re: Fwd: alternative Firmware for BMC's

I don't know how many people are aware of what the BMC is / does -- after a
little googling, my tentative understanding is that this is the "extra"
miroprocessor that is now included in some (Intel and maybe AMD?) CPUs?

What are you trying to do with it?

If you're setting up a computer that happens to have one of those, can you
just ignore it, or must it do something to allow the main CPU to run?