Re: What is agetty, and why can't it be stopped?

On 6/8/19 10:55 AM, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 07, 2019 at 09:44:23PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> But first you need to know the name of the man page. You can't read it if
>> you don't know its true name...
>
> Not a user of systemd here, but... have you ever tried "man -k systemd"?
>
> Cheers
> -- t

Good Day (or night, depending on your TZ),

I was writing a not about `apropos`, but you fired faster than
myself.  ;-)

I count 182 systemd related manual pages on my Sid machine.
Fortunately, among the lot, there is :

	systemd.index (7)    - List all manpages from the systemd project

Sadly, it is not referenced in the systemd(1) SEE ALSO section,
which I would tend to consider the intuitive starting point of
any person interested in knowing more about how to handled the
arcane of this init process.  systemd.index(7) alone is almost
1500 lines long in the meantime, but it references some manual
pages that are not listed by `apropos`.

Kind Regards,
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>