Re: Ping as normal user (Was: Why /usr/sbin is not in my root $PATH ?)

Hello,

On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 08:48:36AM -0500, Jason wrote:
> On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 11:46:50PM +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> > How did you install this system?

[…]

> > One other person in this thread said they used (a script which
> > ultimately uses) debootstrap.
>
> This system was installed on an SBC (similar to RPi) from a zipped
> filesystem image, dd'd to the onboard eMMC chip.

It sounds likely that something in that process failed to copy
across file capabilities. As previously mentioned, some care has to
be used with tar for example, if you want to (re)store these. So
that's something to be aware of I guess…

Cheers,
Andy