Re: Ping as normal user

On Thursday, May 30, 2019 10:55:57 PM Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > $ getcap /bin/ping
> > /bin/ping = cap_net_raw+ep

I wanted to learn at least a little more about that, starting by looking back
at the original post that mentioned that.  I looked back about 10 posts but
couldn't find it  -- can you point me to the original post (and, in the future,
could you include the line that mentions when and who posted it (as the first
line in this post).

Aside: I saw some other posts in this thread that either didn't quote anything
or didn't properly attribute the quote -- I truly appreciate appropriate
snipping of quotes, and encourage that, but, on the other hand, I also
encourage quoting for context and proper attribution.