Wifi not working in Lenovo laptop/Ideapad/Atheros QCA9377

Dear Debians,

I have purchased Lenovo laptop around 6 months back. (Lenovo ideapad)
I had installed ubuntu earlier and Wifi used to work fine.
Somehow it got crashed a month back.

I have decided to switch over to debian 9.9 and installed it.
Internet via Ethernet port is working. But wifi is not working and not showing available wireless networks.
I searched/googled certain topic related to Debian wifi and tried installing firmware-atheros earlier.
It did not work. When i tried restart, shutdown is stuck.
If i force shutdown and restart, It will be stuck again.
When i tried to do recover mode, msg displays that
"ath10k_pci ** failed recieve control reponse completion, polling ...."

Please let me know how to proceed.

 Thanks
Senthil