Re: Ping as normal user (Was: Why /usr/sbin is not in my root $PATH ?)

Hi,

i pointed to:

Curt wrote:
> So it seems the reason invoked above is no longer valid due to a change in
> policy.

It can be legally called a bug meanwhile, because
  https://tracker.debian.org/media/packages/i/iputils/control-320180629-2
has

  Standards-Version: 4.1.4

whereas the policy change was already in 4.0.1.

If somebody here feels able to test the policy compliant change of
"Depends:", then it would be worth to mail to
   780721@bugs.debian.org
and to point out that the change is overdue. Binary package iputils-arping
has the same Recommends as iputils-ping. So one should check whether
the reason is the same.

The policy also demands to change libcap2-bin priority to "optional".
Currently it is "important", which probably gets overridden by the repo
deciders.
  https://tracker.debian.org/media/packages/libc/libcap2/control-12.25-2
has
  Standards-Version: 4.3.0

So that would be two maintainers to convince ... YMMV.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas