Re: A couple things yet on stretch install, amd64 version

On Thursday 30 May 2019 04:22:16 am Nicholas Geovanis wrote:

> Your first email called it "Serial busses of some kind" and you didn't
> type "at-spi".

Indeed I didn't, I like you, got bit by that famous "assume" word again.
That mail was composed over about a 30 minute span while I was trying to
figure out what heck an at-spi actually was.

Since that apparently is not its real name, its not obviously resident
in /e/init.d, nor is it visible in the systemctl listings.  So other
than sending it a SIGKILL with a root htop, I can't find a way to
disable starting it.  Seemingly zero parents. But I haven't yet trolled
thru /proc yet, been fighting with an amanda driver script I wrote
probably 15 years ago. Somebody fixed a truly ancient bug in bash and
broke a script thats been working for over a decade.

> > So I still need to stop/disable it. Killed it with htop, we'll see
> > what else dies. But while htop can see it, its not in /etc/init.d
> > nor in a systemctl display.  So whats starting it? Enquiring minds
still
> > want to know.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)