Re: reboot stuff doesn't start

On Tue 28 May 2019 at 21:47:06 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Tuesday 28 May 2019 03:37:55 pm Brian wrote:
>
> > Why do think cron was calling hpfax? Did you set up the job? (Using
> > fax isn't exactly common these day).
> >
> It was cron itself that mentioned it in the syslog.

I'd be inclined to track down the cron entry with a view to removing
it.

> > Very interesting. This needs a bit of thought. Does the same thing
> > happen if the renaming is to begonia?
> >
> Interesting thought, lemme test it if I can find it again. Its not
> actually running now, and its now renamed
> to /usr/lib/cups/backend/begonia just for my eventual eddification.

Flower power can be effective but I've never thought of you as one of
the flower children. :)

[...]

> > >                                                how do I use
> > > systemctl to disable its even starting?
> >
> > Starting what?
>
> hplip.

HPLIP does not use a service file. Try 'dpkg -l | grep hp' and purge
any obvious HPLIP packages. I don't know if this will solve any of
your issues but if you are not using an HP printer on that machine it
should not do any harm.

--
Brian.