Re: WRITING to NTFS drives

On 2019-05-29 07:28, deloptes wrote:
mick crane wrote:

I move files windows -> Debian with WinScp.
You can move files Debian -> Debian with mc and a ssh connection in the
other window.
Interested to see that there is a ssh server available on windows so it
should be possible Debian -> Windows with mc.

I've been writing directly to ntfs with ntfs-3g for many years now. Not on
daily bases, but doing backup and restore couple of times on different
notebooks, PCs etc.

Thing is you don't know what windows is going to do next.
Was an update a few days ago that I assume was why PC just started crashing ( which hasn't happened for years ) and couldn't decide if it wanted to boot or not. Then an hour later there was another update and all started playing nicely again.

mick
--
Key ID    4BFEBB31