Re: IPV6 hosts file (was: Re: That time IPv6 farted in Gene's church (Was Re: forcedeth?))

On Tuesday 28 May 2019 08:48:06 am Dan Purgert wrote:

> Gene Heskett wrote:
> > only talk to it. But if I leave the radio on, I've a neighbor whose
> > phone will use it in a heartbeat regardless
> > [...]
>
> Sounds like someone forgot to set security on their wifi...

I thought that was what I was doing when I restricted the dhcp server in
dd-wrt so it only responded to the mac address of my boy's phones. but
that phone, when I kill the lease, is back online in well under 5
seconds. So since I've nothing that needs the radios, cat5 is all over
the place, I just turn the radios off.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)