Re: That time IPv6 farted in Gene's church (Was Re: forcedeth?)

On 2019-05-28, Joe Pfeiffer <pfeiffer@cs.nmsu.edu> wrote:

>   experimental: 1.18.0-1
> Please try to verify if the bug you are about to report is already addressed by these releases.  Do you still want to file a report [y|N|q|?]?

Think I might've entered 'q' here on the off chance it represented the word
quit. Maybe it means "'q'ueue the report for further reflection," though.

;-)

> (at which point I entered a ^C since I didn't actually want to report a
> bug)

'N' also seems a reasonable alternative. 'y' is first in line, but 'N'
is upper case, and there must be a reason for that, so I'm thinking if
you just hit enter the default would be to do nothing (no).

On a more serious note, as exim is set up to deliver only local mail on
many machines (default installation), what happens when you cannot hand
your bug report over to a sendmail-like MTA?

--
“Decisions are never really made – at best they manage to emerge, from a chaos
of peeves, whims, hallucinations and all around assholery.” – Thomas Pynchon