Re: Debian Stretch, no password prompt for luks-encrypted home partition during boot

Ross Boylan wrote:

> I've discovered that if I type my pass-phrase (waiting long enough
> that I think things have settled down), the system boots.

Have you tried setting up the display parameters properly in grub? Sometimes
on notebooks the default settings are different and do not match predefined
values in grub

# The resolution used on graphical terminal
# note that you can use only modes which your graphic card supports via VBE
# you can see them in real GRUB with the command `vbeinfo'
#GRUB_GFXMODE=640x480
GRUB_GFXMODE=1280x1024
GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=keep