Re: IPV6 hosts file (was: Re: That time IPv6 farted in Gene's church (Was Re: forcedeth?))

On Monday 27 May 2019 03:19:44 pm Reco wrote:

> On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 02:09:45PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > >
> > > <nothing quoted from Andy Smith, just left there as a reference to
> > > "you", below>

> > > Hmm, that's interesting -- is there an analog to or replacement
> > > for the hosts file on ipv6?
> >
> > According to the default comments in that file, yes. But easy to
> > read and understand docs on how to actually do it are somewhat
> > hidden on the machine or on the net.
>
> hosts(5). You'll probably need a text editor too.
>
> Reco

Thats fine, shows the loop local stuff, but how does one determine the
ipv6 address for picnc.coyote.den for instance. I think it somehow
related to picnc's mac address, but thats just a WAG.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)