Re: That time IPv6 farted in Gene's church (Was Re: forcedeth?)

On 05/27/2019 01:51 AM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
Quoting Curt (2019-05-27 09:46:00)
On 2019-05-27, <tomas@tuxteam.de> <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:
If Network Manager is giving you grief, please go bark up /that/
tree (I can't say much about N-M, because I banned it from my boxes
about ten years ago: I was at a customer's, in his LAN via an
Ethernet, when N-M suddenly saw a WLAN out there, out the window and
said "oh, let's go online over there" and obliterated my network
setting in favor of some seedy captive portal. That was when I
decided that N-M and me, we aren't made for each other).

This is a grave bug. I suppose we can assume from your description
that the seedier the wifi portal, the more likely it is to
spontaneously occur, despite any and all user configuration or
intervention.

Would it be possible to post the link to your bug report? To your
knowledge has the bug been fixed since you reported it a decade ago?
As many users here including myself rely on the N-M app, I'm sure we
would all be interested in knowing where we stand.

I fully agree, this is a quite scary and severe bug in network-manager
that I want to inspect closer as Debian Developer.

Please do share information about where it was reported to I can follow
up on it.  I sincerely hope that it has not gone unfixed through these
many years!!!

Who needs it and what for?

Why is NetworkManager installed?
--
Jimmy Johnson

14.2 - KDE - AMD A8-7600 - EXT4 at sda9 - Registered Linux User #380263