Re: Problems {PEBKAC?} running mmdebstrap for 1st time

On 5/27/19, Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:

> Further re-reading of man pages suggests that my command should begin:
>> mmdebstrap --variant=required --aptopt="APT::Get::AllowUnauthenticated
>> true" ...
>
> I hesitate to try that on this machine.

Is there any way to attempt a "--dry-run", or is that not offered? Or
it's possibly not even useful in this particular case usage?

I've encountered "--dry-run" as a nice option a couple times lately.
That's why it came to mind just now. Would be nice to see it here,
too.

DISCLAIMER: Where available, "--dry-run" is still not perfect. I've
seen it gloss over, i.e. not mention/reference at all, some forgotten
action that I had specifically needed to test-drive first before
attempting for reals.

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey