Re: That time IPv6 farted in Gene's church (Was Re: forcedeth?)

On Monday 27 May 2019 02:03:27 am Andy Smith wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 12:41:36AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > >
> > > Can you show the archive link to the email where it was
> > > established that having IPv6 enabled in the kernel prevented your
> > > IPv4 configuration from being applied?
>
> Somehow you have failed to respond to this very simple request,
> opting instead to just ramble on restating yourself.
>
> There doesn't seem to be any point in interacting further.
>
> It's a shame that you waste everyone's time with these delusions.
> Not just people trying to help you but also those future searchers
> who are having problems with the same software as you and are led on
> a wild goose chase when you report that IPv6 is the root cause,
> amidst pages and page of distraction, yet somehow never get around
> to explaining how or why.
>
> Andy

Because I haven't found the why yet, else I would gladly advise the list
of my findings, all I have repeatedly observed is the effect, both on
amd64 and on arm64. Also since jessie on the armhf, but that was 2 years
back and I don't recall exactly what I did other than removing N-M and
chattr +i the two files mentioned ad nausium already. My arm64's are all
newer, and haven't seen a jessie install, but the spi driver isn't
usable at data rates of 10 megabits, let alone the 40+ a pi3b is doing.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)