Re: NIC Bonding 802.3ad LACP without switch

basti <basti@unix-solution.de> wrote:

> also on a network card with 2 NIC's

> srv-a nic ens2f0 ---- ens2f0 srv-b
>           ens2f1 ---- ens2f1

> Can I use a switch that only supoort static LAC to speedup my
> connection? For example tp-link TL-SG108E ? Or must it support LACP?

For this direct connection you should use "balance-rr" or mode 0.
This will get you a true 2GBit connection even with only one active
flow.

All other modes will only use one connection per flow, limiting you to
1GBit.

Source: I've been doing bonding with Linux for as long as the bonding
driver exists.

Grüße,
Sven.

--