Re: That time IPv6 farted in Gene's church (Was Re: forcedeth?)

Quoting Curt (2019-05-27 09:46:00)
> On 2019-05-27, <tomas@tuxteam.de> <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:
> > If Network Manager is giving you grief, please go bark up /that/
> > tree (I can't say much about N-M, because I banned it from my boxes
> > about ten years ago: I was at a customer's, in his LAN via an
> > Ethernet, when N-M suddenly saw a WLAN out there, out the window and
> > said "oh, let's go online over there" and obliterated my network
> > setting in favor of some seedy captive portal. That was when I
> > decided that N-M and me, we aren't made for each other).
> >

> This is a grave bug. I suppose we can assume from your description
> that the seedier the wifi portal, the more likely it is to
> spontaneously occur, despite any and all user configuration or
> intervention.
>
> Would it be possible to post the link to your bug report? To your
> knowledge has the bug been fixed since you reported it a decade ago?
> As many users here including myself rely on the N-M app, I'm sure we
> would all be interested in knowing where we stand.

I fully agree, this is a quite scary and severe bug in network-manager
that I want to inspect closer as Debian Developer.

Please do share information about where it was reported to I can follow
up on it.  I sincerely hope that it has not gone unfixed through these
many years!!!

 - Jonas