Re: That time IPv6 farted in Gene's church (Was Re: forcedeth?)

On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 07:46:00AM -0000, Curt wrote:
> On 2019-05-27, <tomas@tuxteam.de> <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:
> >

> > If Network Manager is giving you grief, please go bark up /that/ tree

[...]

> This is a grave bug. I suppose we can assume from your description that
> the seedier the wifi portal, the more likely it is to spontaneously
> occur, despite any and all user configuration or intervention.
>
> Would it be possible to post the link to your bug report? To your
> knowledge has the bug been fixed since you reported it a decade ago?  As
> many users here including myself rely on the N-M app, I'm sure we would
> all be interested in knowing where we stand.

I'd assume this doesn't happen anymore: the density of open (but captive)
WiFi portals is so high these days that no one would use N-M these days
anymore.

I didn't report that bug at the time.

Happy ifupdown user since then :-)

Cheers