Re: reboot stuff doesn't start

On Sunday 26 May 2019 03:34:52 pm Brian wrote:

> On Sun 26 May 2019 at 11:32:11 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Greetings all;
> >
> > New stretch install about 2 weeks ago, cleaning up the remains.
> > Fresh disk, so no leftovers. But lots of stuff has been copied over
> > from the wheezy disk since
>
> All copied stuff is compatible with stretch? You checked beforehand?
> You checked afterwards? You didn't check at all?

Didn't check at all. Its 99.99999% data, old email corpus goes back about
23 years, several gigabytes of old pix and movies of weddings I had
shot. Half a terabyte of Downloads.  The contents of my /home/gene/bin
directory which is 99% bash helper scripts I've written over the last 20
years.

It appears that my rc.local has been broken by stretch so I've posted it
in a previous message for pithy comments, along with all the blather
from systemctl, very noisy but zero clues as to WTH is wrong.  No wonder
some hate systemd.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)