Re: bind9 startup problems: /var/cache /bind

I tested my suspicion that bind9-resolvconf was somehow implicated in
the bind9 start problems by returning bind9-resolvconf to its
original, disabled, state and restarting the system.  Unfortunately,
it didn't help:
May 25 19:05:34 barley named[804]: /etc/bind/named.conf.options:2:
change directory to '/var/cache/bind' failed: file not found

But at least one theory has been eliminated.

I also reviewed permissions and ownership of /var/cache/bind and the
"directory" directive in named.conf.options for consistency with
Debian post-install scripts and packaged files.  There weren't any
differences.

Ross