Re: Debian Programming languages

On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 9:35 PM Dekks Herton <dekkzz78@gmail.com> wrote:
Paul Sutton <zleap@disroot.org> writes:

> Hi
>
> As I am trying to promote contributing to Debian,  what programming
> languages are mostly used?  I am asking as it helps to give people an
> idea of what they need to learn or will learn as part of helping.

AFAIK Kernel + low level plumbing are primarily Assembly,C,C++,Rust

As one who has been involved in "low level plumbing", since the 1970's (including on IBM Mainframe Computers), I'm not afraid of Assembler Language.  I'm surprised, that I didn't know about Rust (package rustc).  Thanks for alerting me!

<snip>

--
Regards.........

PGP Fingerprint: 3DF8 311C 4740 B5BC 3867  72DF 1050 452F 9BCE BA00

Kenneth Parker