Re: sporadic successfull mount of nfs with Stretch

On 23/5/19 12:36 am, Stefan K wrote:
Hello,

we've some problems with Debian stretch which try to mount nfs4 shares at boot-time, sometimes it works and sometimes not. If its not mounting during start I can mount it after I login without problems.

A successfull (re)boot look like [1] and a (re)boot which doesn't mount the shares look like [2].

For me it looks like that it comes to a race condition and it try to mount it without a working networkstack. the /etc/fstab looks like:
srv-storage:/scratch              /scratch        nfs     defaults        0 2
srv-storage:/home         /data/home      nfs     defaults        0 2

I also try to use _netdev as mountoptions, but it didn't work.
Has anyone an idea how to solve this?

best regards
Stefan

[1] https://debianforum.de/forum/pastebin/?mode=view&s=40729
[2] https://debianforum.de/forum/pastebin/?mode=view&s=40728

Stefan

Wonder what would happen if you used the IP address instead of the srv-storage?

--
Keith Bainbridge

ke1th3216@gmail.com
+61 (0)447 667 468