Re: Debian Programming languages

Paul Sutton <zleap@disroot.org> writes:

> Hi
>
> As I am trying to promote contributing to Debian,  what programming
> languages are mostly used?  I am asking as it helps to give people an
> idea of what they need to learn or will learn as part of helping.

AFAIK Kernel + low level plumbing are primarily Assembly,C,C++,Rust

> I am guessing as the default command line interface is bash, then bash
> and bash scripting would be useful to learn but on top of that what
> would people suggest I try and promote.
>
> Not just on the coding side of things as we have markdown / html / css
> perhaps LaTeX for documentation.

For apps there are no hard and fast rules as there are a multitude of
langs used. Best to enquire of the devs of the particular app your
interested in.

--
Regards.........

PGP Fingerprint: 3DF8 311C 4740 B5BC 3867  72DF 1050 452F 9BCE BA00