Re: Debian Programming languages

On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 12:15 PM ghe <ghe@slsware.net> wrote:
On 5/24/19 9:08 AM, Paul Sutton wrote:

> As I am trying to promote contributing to Debian,  what programming
> languages are mostly used?

C, perl, java, ruby, python, bash, that I know of. And probably several
others. I don't recall seeing any COBOL, though :-)

COBOL?  How about https://packages.debian.org/stretch/open-cobol ?

   > OpenCOBOL implements substantial part of the COBOL 85 and
   > COBOL 2002 standards, as well as many extensions of the existent
   > compilers. OpenCOBOL translates COBOL into C and compiles
   > the translated code using GCC.

I may even Install this on my Stretch System, to bring back memories of my IBM Mainframe Days, where I programmed, often heavily in COBOL, from 1974 to 1986.

<snip>

--
Glenn English

Kenneth Parker